RSS

Feroce Review in Rock and Ice!!

AAO Filed Under:
SCARPA FEROCE
Price: $145.00
Issue 172

The Feroce is one of the best sport-climbing shoes I’ve ever worn. It is an all-around workhorse that excels on steep routes requiring toe power, and technical slabs where spot-on precision is a must. When you first put the Feroce on, you’ll notice a little “hump” that sits comfortably, if differently, beneath the crease of your big toe. The result is that the shoe points your toe down for you, creating an angle that results in high-performance edging.

Many shoes, however, point the big toe down. The Feroce differs in how the whole toe box flexes on smears. In fact, to use the Feroce I had to change the way I stand on footholds—I was able to use parts of my foot that I never knew existed: the whole section between my forefoot and the tip of my toes.

(go to web address below for full review)
- Andrew Bisharat

Editor's rating:
• 5 out of 5 stars


http://rockandice.com/inthemag.php?id=49&type=fieldtested


edit post

0 Responses to "Feroce Review in Rock and Ice!!"

...stories of perilous, nay, endless traveling in the ever changing midwest territory...